Sexing up future installations, Inter-M has launched its new AOE212N Audio-over-IP (AoIP) distribution system. Designed for transmission of voice, music or audio advertising content, either throughout multi-zone buildings or across campus-wide multi-sites, or globally. The Inter-M AOE212N is ideal for retail outlets, banks, university campuses and other large-scale PA / BGM applications, the system connects via standard TCP/IP to a LAN or WAN, and is simple to operate and offers compatibility with a wide range of audio sources.
The AOE212N offers bi-directional functionality which means it can operate as either a transmitter or receiver. It creates a distributed audio system by connecting up to an existing mixer amplifier or pre amp with up to eight audio sources (eg CD-player, MP3-player, paging microphone or audio media streamer) to an AOE212N configured as the ‘Transmitter’. This unit is then connected to a standard network via Cat5e/6/6e cabling, transmitting both high-quality audio and data (for device switching and RS-232/RS422) to up to 60 ‘remote’ amplifier zones/sites over LAN or 20 over WAN. At each remote zone an AOE212N is configured as the receiver and is connected to a standard 100v line or low impedance amplifier.
When used in conjunction with the Inter-M PMU-N Series amplifiers, the AOE212N is only required as a transmitter device. The PMU amplifiers feature on-board AoIP connectivity and act as both amplifier and audio over Ethernet receiver. Furthermore, power is via either AC or DC power allowing for uninterrupted signal broadcast using battery back-up, as well as supporting portable or temporary audio systems in applications such as outdoor events.
The AOE-212N also provides simultaneous data-over-Ethernet to each channel, allowing for up to 8 contact-closure device remote control or RS-232/RS422 control integration. (Original article found here.)
Summary of features:
- High-quality audio and control data transmission over standard LAN/WAN
- Long-distance signal transmission using Ethernet network
- AOE212N configured as either Transmitter or Receiver device
- Transmit to multiple IP -end-points- 1~20 via WAN, 1~60 over LAN
- Compatible with Inter-M PMU Series Desktop Network Amplifiers (AOE212N functions as Transmitter / DMU Amplifiers function as audio-over-IP Receivers and Mixer Amplifiers)
- Uncompressed and Compressed digital audio transmission
- 2-channel bi-directional data transmission (for 8×8 contact-closure device control or RS-422/RS-232 control integration)
- Compact 1U high, 19-inch rack mounting unit
- Compatible with both 100v line and low impedance audio systems